Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 11 Unit 4 Volunteer work
Mời thầy cô cùng các em tìm hiểu thêm Bài tập giờ đồng hồ Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Volunteer Work có đáp án bên trên edquebecor.com. bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 11 được biên soạn với nhiều dạng bài bác tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 giỏi khác nhau góp các em có tác dụng quen dần cùng với những đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 11 đặc trưng.
Soạn Unit 4 lớp 11 Volunteer work
A. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
|1. a. wholy||b. wrap||c. write||d. who|
|2. a. flood||b. good||c. foot||d. look|
|3. a. mountain||b. country||c. drought||d. hour|
|4. a. university||b. student||c. volunteer||d. museum|
|5. a. handicapped||b. advantaged||c. organized||d. raised|
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the one word or phrase -a, b, c, or d -that best completes the sentences.
6. The boys were taken ______ a fishing trip last weekend.
7. She frequently volunteers ______ extra work because she really likes her job.
8. We hope that students themselves will enjoy taking part ______ the projects.
9. He volunteered his ______ as a driver.
10. All the teachers work on an entirely ______ basis.
11. They volunteer khổng lồ take care of children who have been ______ by the AIDS epidemic.
12. It"s filthy" in here! Are there any volunteers to help ______?
a. light up
b. clean up
c. clear up
d. take up
13. He eventually ______ his disability to achieve some business success.
14. The new law allows school districts to spend more money on less ______ children.
15. A lot of children participated in ______ performances.
B. Choose the word or phrase -a, b, c, or d -that best completes the sentence.
16. I"m sure it"s not my fault that Peter found out what we were planning.
I don"t remember ______ anyone about it.
a. to tell
b. being told
c. having told
d. lớn be told
17. The charity is appealing for volunteers ______ elderly patients to lớn and from hospital.
a. to lớn take
d. who take
18. The building ______ the earthquake but then by a fire.
a. was survived - destroyed
b. survived - was destroyed
c. survived - destroyed
d. was survived - was destroyed
19. ______ by the boys" behaviour, she complained khổng lồ the head teacher.
a. She annoyed
c. She was annoyed
đôi mươi. "Wait a minute," said Frank, ______ through the door.
21. ______ a khách sạn, we looked for somewhere to lớn have dinner.
b. We found
d. Having fauna
22. The children enjoyed ______ on fishing . trips.
b. lớn be taken
c. being taken
d. having taken
23. Stacey seems lượt thích a bright student. She"s always the first ______ her work.
a. khổng lồ finish
c. being finished
d. to be finished
24. We were shocked khổng lồ hear the news of your ______.
a. having fired
b. to be fired
c. having been fired
d. lớn have been fired
25. I think I hear someone ______ the baông xã window. Do you hear it, too?
a. trying open
b. trying to open
c. try opening
d. try lớn open
C. Identify the one underlined word or phrase - A, B, C or D -that must be changed for the sentence to lớn be correct.
26. When I was sick with (A) the flu (B), my mother made me lớn eat (C) soup and rest in (D) bed
27. Having lived (A) here for (B) seven years, my frikết thúc is used to speak (C) English with all her (D) classmates.
28. To grow (A) well, a tree must be (B) well-suited (C) to lớn the area where is it (D)
29. Despite (A) modern medical technology, many diseases causing (B) by viruses I are still (C) not (D) curable.
30. We should have been informed (A) Janis about (B) the change in plans regarding (C) our weekend trip (D) to the mountains.
A. Fill in each blank with one appropriate word from the box.
governments worldwide sufferred communities enable
emergency nutrition developing services quality
UNICEF means the United Nations Children"s Fund. It serves children in (31) ______ all over the world. It helps children of all races, nationalities, religions, & political systems in more than 140 (32) ______ countries. The purpose of UNICEF is khổng lồ help provide better life for children và their mothers. UNICEF gives both long-term assistance and (33) ______ help.
UNICEF was created in 1946 lớn help bring food và medicine khổng lồ children who (34) ______ during World War II in Europe. It began as a temporary agency, but became a permanent part of the United Nations in 1953 due lớn the need for its (35) ______ around the world. UNICEF"s primary concern is khổng lồ help governments of developing countries improve the (36) ______ of life for almost one billion children. UNICEF"s main office is in the United Nations offices in New York City, but it also has more than 40 offices & 100 programs (37) ______. In 1965, UNICEF won the Nobel Peace Prize for its work helping children và building brighter futures.
UNICEF works with (38) ______ khổng lồ provide three kinds of services. First, UNICEF plans và develops programs in developing countries. These programs serve the community by providing health care, information about (39) ______, basic education, and safe water và sanitation. Then UNICEF trains people khổng lồ work in these programs. UNICEF also provides supplies và equipment that (40) ______ the programs khổng lồ work.
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
This is part of a report by the Chairman of the Charities Commitee of a Club.
By Match this year, we shall have sầu raised enough money, we hope, lớn buy the equipment for the Youth Club. When we have sầu raised the money, we are planning khổng lồ go bachồng khổng lồ the Youth Club leaders in order to discover exactly what is needed most. Plans have been made for the Book Sale which will be held on 15th February, This means that many of us will be spending the first two weeks of February collecting books. The event is likely lớn be held in the Town Hall. If there are problems here, however, we hope that other Club members might come up with some alternative sầu suggestions.
As we are proposing khổng lồ sponsor a student from Africa on a three-month language course in this country, we also intend khổng lồ hold a Charity Dance in the spring. Such events are apt lớn be difficult to lớn organize, so all members of the Club are invited to lớn contribute or help in any way they can.
The moment I was asked if we could possibly help in some way with the new Club for the Disabled. I said yes. As Chairman, lam bound to lớn say that this is the sort of social work many Club members would lượt thích to vì, other than simply raising money. We are therefore planning lớn ask members if they can perhaps help out "on one Saturday every month (on a rota basis).
Finally, by January next year the Club will have sầu been going for twenty years, & the Committee intkết thúc khổng lồ mark this anniversary with some kind of dinner, a dance or a tiệc nhỏ. We have already been offered (unofficially) the use of the dance all at "The Forest Hotel". However, we shall be devoting one of our meetings in the near future khổng lồ full discussion on the khung of the event, etc. Any suggestions will be welcome.
41. The Committee will be going baông xã to the Youth Club leaders ______.
a. to ask for money in March b. khổng lồ tell them about the equipment
c, lớn find out what the Club needs d. lớn collect old books from them
42. The Committee does not yet know ______.
a. when books will be collected b. when the Book Sale will be held
c, how to get the book to the Town Hall d where the Book Sale will take place
43. Every Club thành viên has been asked ______.
a. lớn help with the Charity Dance b. lớn sponsor a foreign student
c. lớn write khổng lồ an African student d. to organize something for the Dance
44. In order khổng lồ help the new Club for Disabled, members will be asked ______.
a. to raise some money b. to lớn make a contribution
c. if they can plan a Club program d. khổng lồ help at the Club one a month
45. There will be an sự kiện next January ______.
a. because the Club has been offered "the Forest Hotel"
b. lớn celebrate the Club"s twentieth birthday
c. lớn raise money for a student from Africa
d. which will take the form of a discussion evening
From the four words or phrases - a, b, c or d - choose the one that best completes the sentences.
46. ______ the promotion of health và to helping people avoid injury và disease.
a. To commit the Red Cross
b. The Red Cross khổng lồ commit
c. Committed to lớn the Read Cross is
d. The Red Cross is committed to
47. Although most cats hate lớn swlặng, ______ if necessary.
a. cap they do so
b. they can do so
c. they vì chưng so can
d. so they can do
48. ______, all matter is formed of mole cutes.
a. No matter how complex
b. It doesn"t matter if the complex
c. How complex is not a matter
d. It"s not a complex matter
49. With a television audience of 25 billion, World Cup Soccer has ten times the ______ Olympic Games.
a. more viewers
b. the most viewers
c. the most viewers
d. more viewers than
50. ______ all citrus fruit originated with the Chinese orange.
a. That the belief
b. It is believed that
c. To believe that
d. The belief that
Trên đó là những bài tập giờ Anh 11 Unit 4 Volunteer work có giải đáp. Mời thầy cô tìm hiểu thêm các tư liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như:Để học tập giỏi Tiếng Anh lớp 11, các bài luyện tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học tập kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,... được cập nhật thường xuyên trên edquebecor.com.